Top Places to Celebrate with Santa in Lubbock
As the popular song goes: “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” Our homes are filled with the scent of baking gingerbread cookies and holiday movies are on seemingly every channel. Children create handprint reindeer and write letters in anticipation of Christmas Eve when Jolly Saint Nick will deliver the gift they’ve dreamed of all year. But the chance to meet him in person and whisper Christmas wishes in his ear is something even the Grinch wouldn’t pass up. There are several opportunities to meet Santa in Lubbock this holiday season, plan your visit before he heads back to the North Pole!
- For a traditional experience, head on over to the South Plains Mall. Not only is it a magnet for the entire region’s holiday shopping needs, it is also where you can find Santa from November 11 through Christmas, from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- If time traveling during the holidays sounds appealing, then you can’t miss Candlelight at the Ranch, one of the most popular holiday events in Lubbock (December 14 – 15 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.). Walk along a path lit by thousands of luminaries as you visit the many historic buildings in the National Ranching Heritage Center, where the ranch hosts recreate what life was like on the prairie during the holidays. Grab a warm cup of cider and visit with Santa while you learn a bit of history along the way.
Pricing: Free, with a $5 donation (VIP Tickets here)
- Another popular holiday event in Lubbock is Santa Land. From December 10 – 23, Mackenzie Park becomes a winter wonderland full of colorful holiday lights, animated displays and traditional holiday scenes. The most eye-catching feature is the majestic 60-foot-tall lighted Christmas tree that stands over the holiday village. Every evening from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., a sleigh with tiny reindeer delivers Mr. and Mrs. Claus to Santa Land for a Christmas chat with each child.
- The Market Street on 98th and Quaker is spreading Christmas cheer with Santa and reindeer. Head over on Saturday, December 15th between 12:00pm – 3:00pm to get your very own picture with Santa and his miniature horse. Pictures will be $5 and include photo and photo card and selfies will be offered as well for $3. All of the money raised will go towards maintenance and care for these mini horses. It will be open to kids and doggies of all ages!
- Tee off with 4ORE Golf for breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 15th at 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Stop by their pancake bar, loaded with toppings for the whole family, and don’t forget to sip on some hot chocolate. Dance to Christmas music to get in the holiday spirit! Pricing: $5 per person
With so many great ways to see Santa in Lubbock, it’s quite possible that this is actually his second home! Plan your trip to Lubbock and enjoy all the festive events the “Hub City” has to offer. Be sure to share your memories with us by using #livelovelubbock.