Top 5 Picks for a “Hub City” New Year’s Eve
Can you believe 2014 is right around the corner? It’s a good thing Lubbock offers big-time events or low-key evenings to please everyone’s New Year’s Eve needs. Here’s a quick round-up of our top 5 picks as you plan your New Year’s Eve night out!
1. The Cactus Theater is hosting their Second Annual New Year’s Eve Extravaganza. Guests will enjoy incredible Mexican food provided by Abuelo’s at 7 p.m. Music will fill the air beginning at 8 p.m., and you’ll ring in the New Year on New York time at 11 p.m. You’ll be home in time for that special New Year’s kiss at midnight! Tickets are $75. To purchase, call 806.762.3233.
2. There’s no better place to be on New Year’s Eve than the Overton Hotel & Conference Center! The Fourth Annual New Year’s Eve Party in the Sunset Ballroom includes a premium open bar, gourmet food and dessert stations, live entertainment by Element and a DJ to heat up the dance floor. At midnight, celebrate the New Year with a balloon drop and champagne toast. Tickets are $300 per couple. To purchase, call 806.776.7010.
3. Also located at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center is the Pecan Grill Restaurant and Lounge. If you’re in for a low-key evening, this is the perfect stop. Make your reservation today, and you’ll enjoy a four-course New Year’s Eve meal with your loved ones for the holiday. For reservations, call 806.776.7010.
4. If you’re in the mood for a little dancing and singing, head on over to Lubbock’s favorite country music venue, Wild West. Doors open at 8 p.m., and you’re guaranteed to have a great time dancing the night away into 2014. Also on the music scene, enjoy a night at Blue Light Live, where you’ll hear from the Hogg Maulies w/ Brandon Adams & the Sad Bastards starting at 9 p.m.
5. Speaking of a great meal, Lubbock’s local restaurants can be an ideal place to spend New Year’s Eve with your loved ones. Here are a few favorites to try:
- Lisa West’s Double Nickel Steak House (5405 Slide Road)
- Stella’s (4646 50th St.)
- Las Brisas Steakhouse (4701 112th St.)
- Rain Uptown Ristorante (5217 98th St.)
- Triple J. Chophouse and Brew Co. (1807 Buddy Holly Ave.)
- Cagle Steaks (118 N. Inler Ave.)
- Funky Door Bistro & Wine Room (6015 82nd St.)
Happy New Year from the Visit Lubbock Team!