The Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences
Imagine enjoying your favorite international artist in the front row of a world-class, acoustically pristine theater. Or relaxing in a luxurious VIP lounge listening to a private performance. Or how about attending an elegant gala with an impressive backdrop of a grand spiral staircase? Come 2020, these visions will all come to light.
After Lubbock Entertainment \ Performing Arts Association (LEPAA) revealed its plans for development back in 2013, The Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences is at last coming to fruition in 2020.
After several years of envisioning a performing arts venue that would house acclaimed entertainment and revolutionary performances in a facility designed by world-renowned architects, LEPAA has nearly surpassed their monetary goal to construct this 220,000-square-foot campus, thanks to local contributions.
Located in the heart of downtown Lubbock and designed for local, national and international entertainment and arts education, The Buddy Holly Hall will boast the following:
- Helen DeVitt Jones Main Theater
- 2,200 seats comfortably rise over four levels with two VIP lounges
- Acoustic rating NC 15
- The Crickets Studio Theater
- 24,225 square feet designed with Lubbock ISD’s needs in mind
- 425 seats, concessions and lounge area, dedicated lobby area and private west entrance
- Acoustic rating NC15
- Multipurpose Event Room
- 6,000 sub-dividable square feet functional for receptions, banquets, lectures, meetings and rehearsals
- Ballet Lubbock Pre-Professional Academy
- 22,000 square-foot dance center, office and storage space
- Food and Dining
- 2,500 square-foot commercial kitchen to accommodate all venue catering
- 2,000 square-foot Bistro with 100-seat capacity
- Christine DeVitt Main Lobby
- Visual experience featuring a spiral staircase; serves as the main entrance to the Hall
- Accommodates 300 seated people for banquets, weddings and galas
- Loading docks, control rooms, dressing rooms, visiting company offices, conference room, management and administrative offices, storage for sets and costumes and performers’ lounges
In addition to the artistic influence and educational opportunities this state-of-the-art facility will attract, The Buddy Holly Hall will pose a huge economic impact for the “Hub City”. Serving as a catalyst for downtown revitalization, the economic impact of The Buddy Holly Hall will create an estimated 1,200 new jobs during construction and a total of 36 new jobs after opening, with more than $3.7 million impact annually to Lubbock’s tax revenue.
Since The Buddy Holly Hall is privately funded and operated, ALL contributions directly fund construction of the project. A capital endowment alongside innovative partnerships with local arts organizations, public schools and universities, and private corporations will allow The Buddy Holly Hall to be financially self-sustaining upon opening.
For more information on LEPAA and The Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences, visit the LEPAA website.