Dream Big Engineering Fair
Join the Science Spectrum, Texas Tech University’s Edward E. Whitacre Jr. College of Engineering students and faculty and area High School Engineering Clubs for the DREAM BIG Engineering Fair at the Science Spectrum, Saturday, February 10th from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
This *FREE event is being held in the lobby and Exhibit Hall of the Science Spectrum in celebration of National Engineers Week (Feb. 18-24, 2018) and the all new giant screen film Dream Big: Engineering Our World showing at the OMNI Theater. Tickets for the OMNI film Dream Big will be discounted this one day only at a special rate of $5.00 per person.
Families attending the fair will be able to participate in tons of amazing hands-on engineering based activities, see examples of real world research and development of new technologies in areas like solar and wind energy, drones, race cars, robotics, explosives, as well as discovering what engineers really do and what a career in engineering is all about.
Enjoy These Activities:
• Kid friendly hands-on engineering experiments & building activities
• Lots of technology and research displays
• Formula One style race car
• Robots & drones
• Concrete canoes that float
• Steel bridges of the future
• Special live presentations by TTU Researchers on new technologies
• Info. on renewable energy; solar and wind power
• Children’s Engineering Book reading
• Explore different fields of engineering and find out what engineers do and the impact they are making on society.