Día de los Muertos Procesión & Art Exhibit
601 Indiana Ave
Lubbock, TX 79409
Enjoy the cultural traditions of the Day of the Dead and visit participating venues during November’s First Friday Art Trail.
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Office of International Affairs (International Cultural Center) – 601 Indiana Avenue
• Artwork with Día theme by nine local artists and the Hutchinson Middle School students.
• Ofrenda photos from Houston’s MECA (Multicultural Education and Counseling through the Arts)
• Mariachi Music by Mariachi Los Matadores in the Hall of Nations
• Activities: flores de papel, face painting, and sugar skull decorating
• Strolling Catrinas and drummers from the TTU School of Music
6:30 – 7:30 p.m. TTU School of Art – 18th & Flint Avenue
• Landmark Arts will present a “traditional” Day of the Dead Ofrenda in the South Gallery in memory of all of those who died due to the effects of Climate Change.
• Landmark & Studio Galleries will present Current Reflection on the Natural and Manmade, an exhibition of contemporary craft by thirty-two artists from around the US, curated by Gail M. Brown.
7:30 – 8:30 p.m. LHUCA – Avenue J and Mac Davis Lane
• Artwork by Irons Middle School in the Minnie Quickenstedt Underwood Graffiti Building
• Artwork by Lubbock High School, Hutchinson Middle School, and Evans Middle School in the Christine DeVitt Icehouse Gallery.
• First Friday Art Trail exhibitions and activities on LHUCA campus.
6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Buddy Holly Center – 1801 Crickets Avenue
• On display in the Fine Arts Gallery: Celebracion, an annual invitational exhibition of artwork that explores the history of Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead.
• From 6:30 – 9:30, Group Vesso will provide entertainment in the Meadows Courtyard.
• Traditional refreshments will be offered.
Sponsored in part by a grant from The CH Foundation.