Don’t Miss Lubbock’s Hottest FREE Event
You have eight rockin’ weeks left of great LIVE music at the 2014 Summer Showcase at the Buddy Holly Center.
Since the opening chord was played on May 29, hundreds of people continue to come out to the Summer Showcase to jump start their weekend with great live music, drinks, dancing and more. Held every Thursday from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., this FREE event is the go-to place to kick off your weekend. It’s not just for adults. Families are encouraged to enjoy the action, which includes a variety of activities for kids. With the month of June behind us, you have eight more opportunities to head out for an evening of fun and live music. Here’s a list of dates and the bands that you can expect to see for the remainder of the year:
- 07/10 Jenni Dale Lord – Americana
- 07/17 Jazz Alley – Jazz
- 07/24 Colin Gilmore and Nicolette Good (Acoustic Duet) – Roots Rock
- 07/31 Outlier – Blues, Metal, Country, and Latin
- 08/07 Mariachi Mexico Lindo – Mariachi
- 08/14 Chris Hudgins – Indie, Lyrical, Pop
- 08/21 Buggaboo – Americana Rock
- 08/28 Reverend Al and The Pythons – West Texas Rock & Roll
Here’s a video we created last year to highlight the action at the Summer Showcase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDkTKVAl23M Although you can’t bring in your own beverages to cool you down after breaking out your dance moves, you can bring in your own snacks for yourself and all the friends you’ll make.
Rave on Lubbock, and we’ll see you at the Buddy Holly Center for the next Summer Showcase! Fast Facts:
- When: Every Thursday now through August 28 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Buddy Holly Center, 1801 Crickets Ave.
- Cost: FREE
- Misc: No outside drinks are permitted. There will be a cash bar and beverages available for purchase.