Destination Spotlight: 4ORE! Golf
When I was younger, my dad was an avid golfer. Naturally, I picked up the sport as well. By picked up, I mean I really only knew how to "pick up" the golf club. All jokes aside, I actually wasn't half bad... until I realized I had a problem with letting go of the club after my swing. This quickly ended my golfing career, and fast tracked me to "golf cart driver" for my dad. Through this experience, I was able to see how golf brings people together, and that is exactly why I'm excited to introduce our newest attraction that plans to do just that.
Lucky for my dad and me, the "Hub City" will soon be home to the first 4ORE Golf. What a better way to spend some quality time with my golf pro (you're welcome for that, Dad) than in a climate-controlled tee box with a cold Chilton from one of the three full service bars. Thanks to Lubbock's soon-to-be newest attraction, you can use a real golf ball, and track your ball's flight with 4ORE's Advanced Doppler technology, unlike any other. While I may not have great hand-eye coordination, I can still spend many Saturdays perfecting my golf game with my dad, family and friends while experiencing so much more at 4ORE Golf.
- 52,000-square-foot facility
- 2,500 square feet of private event space
- 286 yard range
- 60 climate-controlled tee boxes
- Sports Grille seats 200+
- More than 200 HD TVs
- 3 full service bars
- 60 climate-controlled tee boxes that can host up to six players at one time
- Outdoor Patio Terrace includes:
- putting green
- live entertainment
- recreational/family games
- Laser light shows
- 21 and Up exclusive lounge with specialty cocktails and an extensive wine menu
- Made fresh-to-order
- Sports bar classics-done-right like Campisi's Pizza
- Innovative new favorites like the Fajita Sushi Roll and Jalapeno Sushi Roll
- 2,500 square feet of private event space
- Accommodates large group functions or up to five smaller spaces
- State-of-the-art audio visual technology available
- Event hosts trained to meet the needs of the guests
- Customized event packages
- Hosts social events, corporate events or civic organizations & charities
- Now booking Christmas parties
Most importantly, the game:
- Advanced Doppler-based technology that tracks the accuracy and distance of your shot and maps the flight of the ball for scoring
- 5 competitive golf-stimulated games
- Managed by TROON Golf , the largest third party manager of golf and club operations in the world
- 4ore! Academy offers individual group lessons, kids camps and professional club fittings
- $5 players card tracks and logs all your player statistics every time you play
A message from J.J. Killeen, PGA touring professional and one of the creators of 4ore! Golf:
What was your goal with 4ORE Golf in terms of being different from your competitors?
The golf entertainment industry has really taken off the last few years, and it has benefited the game of golf. Golfers are being introduced to the game in a cool, new environment different from traditional golf. Our goal at 4ORE is to not only introduce people to the game, but grow it from there the best we can. Our relationship with TROON allows us to have access to The Rawls Course locally and over 200 courses around the world. We can introduce them to the game at 4ORE then really encourage them to visit their local golf courses to grow the game as a whole. We also have a 2,500-square-foot instruction center called the Academy at 4ORE with a designated short game area equipped with industry leading technology perfect for private instruction, group lessons, kids camps and club fittings.
Why did you feel like Lubbock gave you the best opportunity to do that?
Lubbock has really taken off the last few years with the population on the rise and new businesses opening regularly. We recognized the need for family-based entertainment and feel we really offer something for everyone in a unique environment different from anything Lubbock has ever seen.
4ORE Golf is not only committed to growing the game of golf, but they are committed to growing the Lubbock community. They want to bring a new, innovative golfing and recreational experience to Lubbock first before anywhere else. If that doesn't show their love for the "Hub City," I can say from personal experience, that the team behind 4ORE Golf is passionate about making 4ORE a place for the community to enjoy golf, great food and A LOT of fun!
4ORE more on 4ORE Golf, head to their Facebook page where they answer questions and give updates on the construction and much more.