Things to do Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day weekend is upon us, and even those of us who just went back to school are breathing a sigh a relief, thinking about the holiday ahead. For most of us, Labor Day marks the end of summer, the ramping up of another football season (wreck ’em, Tech) and an extended weekend, but according to history.com, it was created to honor the contributions and achievements of American workers. If you’re hanging out in the “Hub City” for our three-day weekend, here are some ways you can celebrate!
- Check out some art (with a glass of wine in hand) at First Friday Art Trail
- Pick up some fresh produce or some grass-fed steaks for grillin’ at the Lubbock Downtown Farmers Market
- Tailgate at the Jones for the Texas Tech vs. Sam Houston State game
- Rock on at the Buddy Holly Birthday Bash
- Unwind at Singer/Songwriter Night at The Blue Light Live
No matter how you choose to celebrate, I hope the most labor you do this weekend is raising a glass to all the work you’ve accomplished this year.