Follow the Yellow Corn Stalks
It’s not everyday you get to wind your way through a “Wizard of Oz”-themed corn maize during the fall. At’l Do Farms, just a few minutes outside of Lubbock, has continued The Maize attraction for the 13th year in a row. You only have one week left to conquer the challenge! The Maize finishes its season on Saturday, Nov. 30.
Here are some fast facts about this “a-maizing” adventure:
- It usually takes about one hour to twist and turn your way through the stalks…if you don’t get lost!
- This year’s theme is “Wizard of Oz” for the 75th anniversary of At’l Do Farms.
- The Maize isn’t just a labyrinth of corn. You’ll have the chance to enjoy a hayride, shoot a corn canon, hop on the rock-climbing wall and a petting zoo.
- They even have a concession stand set up with none other than roasted corn, among other goodies.
- Passes are $8, and kids 4 and younger get in free. (Hint: cash gets you in faster as the credit card machine runs slow because of the farm’s lack of speedy Internet service.)
- Hours are Tuesday – Friday from 6 – 9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 2 – 9 p.m.
- Location: The GPS address is 6323 FM 1294 Lubbock 79415 (you must enter the zip!). The At’l Do Farms Corn Maize is located 3/4 of a mile west of Frankford Ave (FM 2528) on FM 1294.
Enjoy the pictures below as you plan your quick trip out to The Maize!