Veterans Day Celebration
The Silent Wings Museum invites the community to commemorate our country’s veterans on Veterans Day. All visitors will be welcomed with free admission to the museum and activities throughout the day. The museum opens its doors to the public at 10 a.m. The event is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m., with the presentation of the colors by Lubbock Fire Rescue, a Veterans Day Presidential Proclamation read by Councilwoman Karen Gibson, followed by TAPS performed by Rick Martinez and a patriotic musical performance.
The celebration will continue with evening events from 5:30 to 9 p.m. The full schedule is listed below:
November 11, 2017
10 a.m.: Doors open with free admission all day.
11 a.m.: Morning Ceremony
- Presentation of the colors
- Reading of the Presidential Proclamation
- TAPS performed
- Patriotic musical performance
5:30 p.m.: Free swing dance lessons
- Come to the Hangar Gallery and brush-up on your dance steps with professional dance instructors before the big band starts!
- Lessons are free to the public and open to all ages.
6:30 p.m.: Evening Concert and dance
- Featuring the big band sounds of Finessence, with a full brass horn section and dynamic vocal performers
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres
- Cash bar