5 Reasons Lubbock is the Perfect Meetings Destination
Lubbock is thriving. If you want proof, consider this: Fortune recently named the city the fourth best place in the country for job seekers, and an earlier study revealed that Lubbock is one of the top 25 best performing large cities in terms of the economy. Lubbock continues to reinvest in itself. It’s a city with a perfect combination of great, natural attractions and fun things to do. It’s also one of the best places to plan and host a meeting or event, because of both its meetings facilities and a culture you can’t find anywhere outside Lubbock. Here are five reasons the “Hub City” is the perfect meetings destination:
- Lubbock has a variety of meeting venues. For example, the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center and American Wind Power Center offer spacious, flexible options to accommodate large parties. Upmarket hotels in the city like Overton Hotel & Conference Center, Embassy Suites and MCM Elegante Hotel & Suites have conference space as well. Another option for receptions or meetings is one of Lubbock’s five wineries. Rentals like Llano Estacado Winery and CapRock Winery have breathtaking views of the vineyard and plains.
- It’s the cultural capital of West Texas. Lubbock stands out for its atmosphere and culture—a city that’s the center of the South Plains with a rich Western heritage that also features a cool music scene and university influence. Foodies love Lubbock, too, especially the barbecue, steaks and Tex-Mex that’s unlike anything you’ll find in the rest of Texas.
- Three words: Texas Tech University. Lubbock’s largest school is Texas Tech University—with more than 35,000 enrolled students. Its world-class facilities makes it ideal for meetings or conferences. There are also several auditoriums perfect for seminars and presentations, but the school’s crop of academic guest speakers is a major benefit of hosting an event in a university town.
- Lubbock is, well, really fun. If you want a destination with places to dance, enjoy live music and a bright collection of award-winning restaurants, that’s Lubbock. The city also has a number of fun Lubbock-specific attractions that can host meetings or receptions. The Bayer Museum of Agriculture, for example, is the perfect place to learn more about the history of West Texas agriculture and features two new event spaces. The Plains Cotton Growers Conference Center can hold up to 300 people, and the Alton Brazell Exhibit Hall can hold up to 60 people. If your attendees want to browse through vintage war planes, they should check out the Silent Wings Museum. Parties may use the Museum Hangar for events. Lubbock is also home to the famous, late musician Buddy Holly. Visitors can swing by the Buddy Holly Center to see an impressive collection of his guitars, glasses and other memorabilia. The Center’s Courtyard is an ideal location to host an evening reception and can hold 250 guests.
- You want Texas hospitality? You got it. When it comes to hospitality, the Visit Lubbock Team delivers it in the smallest of details, whether you’re putting together a Texas-sized convention or a small, intimate board meeting. In the past 10 years, Visit Lubbock has facilitated more than 4,000 conventions or events, from corporate board meetings to the Texas FFA State Convention, with more than 10,000 attendees. See what other planners have said about holding their meeting in Lubbock.
Want to learn more about hosting a meeting or event in Lubbock, or have some questions for our team? Be sure to check out our website at visitlubbock.org/meet. We’re here to lend a helping hand!